Sunday, June 7, 2009

60 Days to Go: Disney Memories (#2)

With the last entry reminding me about my character breakfast at the Wilderness Lodge, I've decided to share some other character dining experiences:

--At an ice cream social held at the California Grill, Chip comes over and tries to pull my dad's shirt off. It takes a few minutes to realize he's actually tugging at the emblem on the shirt. My dad worked for ABC when it was taken over by Disney and we had one company picnic (One. Disney, I love them, but boy are they cheap!). At the picnic, everyone was given a shirt with the Disney gang printed on them. Chip was trying to pull at himself to show that he was on my dad's shirt! My dad and Chip then started to get a few laughs at mocking how cheap Eisner was.

--At Chef Mickey's, we were with a large group of friends when they started to giggle. My back was to the main room so I didn't know what was going on. Suddenly, I feel my hair start to be mussed with--pushed on top of my head and then over my face. I turned around and there's Dale, playing with my hair.

--A few from the Liberty Tree Tavern: Keeping with the theme, Chip signed my sister's autograph book and then threw it into the fireplace. Our last trip, Dale tried to run off with my poncho after posing for some pictures. And finally, we learned you should never give Goofy a bell. As some cast members brought out a cake for a lucky birthday patron, Goofy rang the bell so hard and so often, our ears were ringing by the end of the celebration.

And one from trips past, told often by my parents:

At Fort Wilderness, there was once a breakfast with Melvin the Moose (when he isn't at Country Bear Hall, he lives in Pioneer Hall). The Country Bears were part of the breakfast and when they came in, my dad said he had never seen my toddler self move so fast. I crawled over him and away from where the bears were.

So, I would suggest doing a character meal at least once during your foray to Disney. Memories will be made and the food's good!

No comments: