Monday, June 8, 2009

59 Days to Go: Polynesian Resort

We reach the "Big Three" as I like to call them in my Disney Hotel series. This one is the Polynesian Resort.

Sitting along side the Seven Seas Lagoon, the Polynesian Resort is designed to evoke the feel of the islands of Polynesia. The main building, the Ceremonial Lodge, is Tahitian in design. It's the closest you can come to feeling like Hawaii without leaving the mainland. This point is proven by my mother when she and my father went to Hawaii for their honeymoon. She said it felt just like the Polynesian Resort, a sentiment echoed by my sister and I twenty years later. My father snapped not to say that because he could spend less to take us to Disney World rather than Hawaii. Guest rooms are housed in eight longhouses named after Polynesian islands, much like the Caribbean Resort.

The main restaurant at the Polynesian is Ohana's (Fans of Lilo and Stitch will remember that "Ohana" means family). My family has eaten there, but I haven't. I do believe we will be making a stop there on our vacation. Besides the pool, there are several other activities for you to do if you wish to spend time enjoying the hotel. There is the Never Land Club for kids and a spa for the adults.

The Polynesian is a Magic Kingdom resort. It, along with the other "Big Three," is connected to the Magic Kingdom on the monorail line. It is also serviced by a ferry and buses. Once again, it is a deluxe hotel.

No comments: