Friday, May 8, 2009

90 Days to Go: Hotel Accomodations

With 90 days left till I go to Disney, I'm going to start the countdown with our hotel accomodations!

Once again, we're staying in Pop Century, a hotel dedicated to everything pop culture from the last five decades and putting "Talk About Pop Music" and the theme for "Pop Up Video" on loop in my head everytime I see the bus come. We've already stayed in the 80's and the 70's while my parents have stayed in the 50's. I'm personally rooting for the 60's, mostly for the pool. If we get that decade, we'll have the Hippy Dippy Pool again. It's shaped like a flower and comes with flower shaped showers, pouring cold water into the pool. And when you're swimming in Florida during August, the pool water is like bath water. Cold water is refreshing.

This time though, I am definitely going back to the eighties with my photographer (AKA my sister) in tow. We're getting pictures with the Pacman ghosts!
Speaking of Pacman, we're going to have to hit the arcade again. Imagine an arcade filled with the best games of the past decades--you have the Pop Century arcade. My mom and I rock the Skeeball game while Kathleen flits from game to game, racking up her share of tickets. I've also been trying to convince my mom that she can play "Invisible Space Invaders" even though it won't give us tickets to no avail. I know she loves that game as much as Skeeball.

I am also looking forward to the cafeteria, particularly the desserts--delicious chocolate/chocolate cake. Yum! The pizza isn't so bad--a good hold over until we return to the superior New York pies.

The rooms themselves aren't anything special--your typical hotel room. There are two beds, a night stand, TV, table, sink and bathroom. However, it works for my family as we primarily sleep there. And the cleaning staff at Disney are a creative bunch. I remember to pack my Lambie (who still comes with me for home away from home) or else he'll end up in strange scenes (like listening to my walkman). However, we did get a very impressive toothbrush holder last time.

So, here's to you, Pop Century!


The toothbrush holder by the Disney staff!

No comments: