Wednesday, May 27, 2009

71 Days to Go: Caribbean Beach Resort

In entry number two for my Disney hotels series, I go to another hotel with significance to me: the Caribbean Beach Resort. My family and I stayed here for a couple years and then I stayed here with my class on our senior trip.

The Caribbean Beach Resort, like Pop Century, has rooms divided into sections. However, this time, they are named after islands in the Caribbean. Last time I stayed there, we were in Aruba. They are designed to look like hotels you would find in the islands, complete with their own man-made beaches next to a lake. There is also an island that serves as a bird sanctuary, which you most likely will have to go through to get to Old Port Royale, the market place. The market place has various food places and a gift shop. There is a pizza place in Old Port Royale which will deliver to your room.

The room contains two beds, a TV, a table and a bathroom. You can get adjoining rooms.

One of our running jokes in my family is that we no matter which island we stayed on, it was always the last one the bus went to. Of course, that changed once I was in a group of 40-something teenage girls. We'd board the bus and the driver would turn around to ask us where we were going. And Aruba was then always the first stop.

The Caribbean Beach Resort is classified as a moderate resort and an Epcot resort, meaning its close to Epcot (it's actually closer to Hollywoodland in my opinion).

No comments: