Thursday, May 21, 2009

77 Days to Go: Animal Kingdom

We go to the baby of the Disney parks--Disney's Animal Kingdom.

This won't be long as while my family and I go to the Animal Kingdom, it does not rank high on our list of "to-do." In fact, it's rare we make a second trip back in a vacation. We do ride the the Dinosaur ride, even if it scares the bejeebus out of me. The day of our visit to the Animal Kingdom, we don bathing suits so we can ride the Kali River Rapids. Splash Mountain may get you wet, but the Kali River Rapids will get you soaked.

The newest ride at the Animal Kingdom, Expedition: Everest, is a thrilling roller coaster through Yeti country. There are dips and twists throughout the ride, but the true highlight comes when you begin to do the ride backwards! My mother wasn't too thrilled with it, though.

My parents also like to do "It's Tough to be a Bug" in the Tree of Life. However, I have such an intense fear of bugs that seeing animated ones in 3-D sends me into panic attacks. So, my sister and I often sit this one out. This time, we shall try some of the rides in Dinoland, USA, especially the Primevial Whirl.

As we don't spend as much time in Animal Kingdom, we've never had to eat there, so I can't comment on the food. I can comment on the walkways, which are extremely narrow. It forces nearly everyone to walk in a single file line and is laid out in such a convoluted way so that one can easily get lost.

But the most important aspect of the Animal Kingdom are the animals themselves! They are in habitats and easily seen from the walkways. There is also a safari, allowing you to view the animals from a very close position. When my friends I did the safari, we were stalled because a giraffe was standing in the path, just enjoying his breakfast. We were able to get some good shots of the giraffe and we learned its tongue was black!

So, if you have an animal lover, I suggest you definitely go to the Animal Kingdom.

No comments: