Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Prepare Ye The Way of the Lord

Or not.

As you can see from one of the articles currently lining the side of my blog, a Broadway production of "Godspell" has been postponed due to a backer pulling out. And as the Playbill article states, this is just the latest in a line of other Broadway productions stalled before they hit the Great White Way. At this rate, it'll just be (title of show) and Shrek the Musical up for Tony Awards next year.

I was looking forward to the production of "Godspell"--it's one of my favorite musicals ever. I've seen school productions of it but wanted to see a professional production of it. And I wonder what happened to the old "Let's put on a show mentality!" Godspell isn't a huge undertaking--the set is minimal and the costumes could be found at a garage sale, so I'm guessing the money is needed for the theater and staff.

Here's hoping these shows get back on track!

No comments: