Sunday, August 10, 2008

RIP

This has been one sad weekend for the entertainment world. Today, Isaac Hayes suddenly died. I enjoyed his voice, both speaking and singing. And who now doesn't have "Theme from Shaft" now stuck in their head?



And yesterday, comedian Bernie Mac died from complications due to pneumonia. I've had pneumonia many times over my 22 years on this earth and it's quite haunting to see it take someone. I didn't watch the "Bernic Mac Show" but I loved his performance as Bosley in "Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle." He was a great follow-up to Bill Murray in the original.

The trails these men blazed in their respective fields will never be forgotten. And future generations will always be grateful to them.

I hate to remain a bit morbid, but they say death comes in threes. Who's next?

No comments: