Saturday, June 21, 2008

A Passionate Love Affair

I seem to have many love affairs, sadly none with a living human man right now. Well, sad state of my love life aside, I must say I heart a channel. Most of my friends love the Food Network which is all fine and dandy but now a channel I would leave on for hours (like my roommates used to). The Travel Channel, however, is the one I would leave on. I like when they devote programming to haunted locations, like haunted hotels or towns. I love a good ghost story.

I also absolutely love Samantha Brown, who hosts a good number of shows on the channel. She's just so bubbly and personable, you get the feeling she'd be your best friend if you were to meet in real life. She would also be a great travel buddy because A) she has the Travel Channel account behind her and B) she's able to network with people to be able to make the most wherever you are, whatever you are doing. She also has the best job in the world because the station sends her to these places for work! She gets to stay in luxurious hotels, go to vineyards, visit exotic locations and do things that would make your bank account cry. She has a new show on the channel starting soon: Great Weekends With Samantha Brown. I'll put up the date and time later as well as what I think of the show!

Also, the Travel Channel is as tight with The Mouse as I am, maybe even tighter since they can go behind the scenes. I love when they devote a whole block to the Happiest/Most Magical Place on Earth (either Disneyland in Cali or Walt Disney World in Florida). They've even sent Brown to their hotels and the parks as well. I would love to have such a close encounter with the park. Heck, I would love to go back to Disney World.

So, anyone out there in cyberland had a channel they don't mind putting on and realizing three-to-six hours later you haven't changed it?

No comments: