Thursday, June 26, 2008

I Love the WHAT?

So, we've all seen VH1's "I Love the..." series, admit it. Yes, you've tuned in during one of those many marathons of it when they aren't doing a marathon of every America's Next Top Model episode ever. I started from the very beginning, watching "I Love the 80s" with relish. And the other two versions. I'm a child of the 80's after all. And then I rejoiced when they did "I Love the 90s" twice because, while a child of the 80's, I remember more from the 90's. And then I watched "I Love the 70s" both times with my parents just for the "Oh my God, I remember that!" or "I forgot that happened then!" conversations between my parents. And I love the commentators...particularly the regulars (HAL SPARKS! Sorry...).

But recently, I caught a marathon of "I Love the 80's 3-D" when there was an ad taking up half the screen (don't you hate that?). "I Love the New Millennium." The HELL? It's 2008--the decade isn't over yet, VH1! You couldn't wait two more years to air it in 2010? Remember the election of 2000? Gladiator? Lord of the Rings? Finding Nemo? That other host of American Idol? 1 Night in Paris? Dick Cheney shooting his friend? 2007?

Of course we do, VH1. It was only a few years ago. Enough time hasn't passed for us to forget. Except for maybe that other guy who hosted with Ryan the first season of American Idol. Brian Dunkleman? But no one really cares much about him anyway, it was ALL about Kelly Clarkson. But seriously, why do we need this NOW?

Oh, well, I'm still watching it. And now I want to go back and rewatch the "Numa Numa" video. That's definitely one of those things you go to when you're feeling down. That and that penguin knocking his friend down.

No comments: