Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Branching Out

I've been exploring social media. In case you don't know, which you might not, I'm in the process of writing a book. I blog about it here. My manuscript's first draft is nearing completion and I plan to spend the summer in revision mode. Then I hope to start shopping around for a literary agent. So I'm thinking ahead. Thinking to when I have to market my book. And social media is one of the best ways nowadays. So I'e branched out.

And how have I branched out? Well, check out the links section. I'm on Pinterest, which is addicting. The fact you can add a "Pin It" button to your toolbar means I'm not stuck on the site. Though there are plenty of pins there to search through to comment about, like or repin. And I feel like there's more of a response there.     Sometimes a pin of mine gets repinned or liked within minutes of me posting it. Makes it easier to share than on Facebook or elsewhere.

I've also finally caved and joined Tumblr. My sister's been on my case since she joined. She was certain I'd like it. And she was right. Unlike some of the other blogging platforms, I feel I have a more instant connection on tumblr. This blog has an accompanying tumblr. (It's in the links section). So does my writing blog. And I now have one for my Fanfiction for Dummies blog. Though I notice every time I post something about Celtic Thunder, people on tumblr flock to it like a moth to a flame. Go figure.

And go check them out!

No comments: