Wednesday, March 31, 2021

March Broadway Madness: Round 3 Shubert Conference

So Wicked and Beauty and the Beast will battle to see who will represent the Nederlander Conference in the finals. Let’s see who will fight to represent the Shubert Conference.

Here we go!

Spring Awakening v. The Pirate Queen

Oh, wow. This is an intriguing matchup. Both opened in the same season and I saw them within weeks of each other. I got to see one with my friend and that was a really special trip out while the other was with my mother, which was also a great experience. And both have different but impactful stories, so I guess this is also going to come down to my gut.

Winner: The Pirate Queen!


The Phantom of the Opera v. Anastasia

Another good matchup, in my opinion. Both were great experiences, including great casts, impressive sets and memorable music. One has made a lasting impact on me and while the other was a great musical I will compliment for a long time to come, it just doesn’t hold a candle to the other.

Winner: The Phantom of the Opera!

Congrats to Spring Awakening and Anastasia for making it this far! Sorry they won’t make it all the way but making it to the Elite Eight is pretty good!

Either The Pirate Queen or The Phantom of the Opera will represent the Shubert Conference in the final matchup! This is going to be interesting and I can’t wait to see who ultimately emerges victorious!

Who do you think will ultimately win? Let me know in the comments below!

Next time: It’s the semifinals!

No comments: