Sunday, May 24, 2020

Over the Rainbow: Reunited in Quarantine


I thought I had recapped "Over the Rainbow," the follow up to "Any Dream Will Do" and "I'd Do Anything" where Andrew Lloyd Webber tried to find Dorothy for his production of The Wizard of Oz. But I don't think it aired on BBC America and I only watched it thanks to the amazing people who posted clips of it on YouTube (you all rocked!). 

Anyway, here's a video where Lloyd Webber reunites with his final 11 Dorothys to perform "Somewhere Over the Rainbow." The Dorothys, in order of elimination, are: Amy Diamond, Bronte Barbe, Dani Rayner, Emilie Fleming, Stephanie Davis, Jenny Douglas, Jessica Robinson, Stephanie Fearon, Lauren Samuels, Sophie Evans and the winner, Danielle Hope. 

The theater community - on both sides of the pond - have done so much to help keep us entertained during this time. To them, I say: 

THANK YOU! 

No comments: