Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Top Model Alert!

I am not sure how many fans of America's Next Top Model are fans of The Big Bang Theory (or vice versa) but last night, these two worlds combined in the latter.

In the episode, Penny (Kaley Cuoco) interrupts the gang's Klingon boggle game. It turns out that since she and the cable company have different views on paying her bill, they've cut her power. In the middle of Top Model! (Horrors!) So she borrows their TV to watch the rest of the episode. Everyone but Sheldon (Jim Parsons) is immediately entranced by the models. Howard (Simon Helberg) is particularly intrigued to learn that they live in a house in LA, near where they are. He and Rajesh (Kunal Nayyar) work out where the house was using screen caps, landmarks, flyovers by a NORAD pilot on his way to scan Siberia for nukes, and Google street finder. Meanwhile, Leonard (Johnny Galecki) tries to mediate when Penny and Sheldon lock horns after she garners three strikes in the incredibly OCD Sheldon's book and is thus banished. As Sheldon's mom forces him to apologize, Howard and Rajesh got to the Top Model house posing as cablemen. Two contestants let them in and they are Analeigh and Samantha! My favorite model with my least favorite one. I freaked out and then had to explain to my parents why. I then commented that it would've been better had the two run into Isis. And Top Model fans know why.

Was I thrilled with this episode? Pretty much, though the show is funny enough on its own to hold my attention. BUT: I know, as a Top Model fan, that the shows are taped a few months before the premiere. From hints dropped by the girls, I know the fall cycles are taped in May/June, including July (Cycle 5 had to evacuate London after the bombings in 2005. Nicole was crowned America's Next Top Model in America). So for Howard and Rajesh to run into the current models would be impossible. Also, from interviews with the girls, it is known that they don't have TV, musics or books--mostly likely for ultimate chance of confrontation--the cableman rouse wouldn't have worked. If they hadn't been taken away by Tyra's goons before reaching the door.

But Analeigh and Samantha took the cake--though I wonder why them? Now I wonder if there was an acting teach/challenge we weren't shown.

If you want to see the episode of "The Big Bang Theory," go to www.cbs.com. If you want to see an episode of "America's Next Top Model," go to www.youtube.com (also works if Big Bang isn't on CBS' player). Analeigh and Samantha are from the current cycle--11. And I'll be back Wednesday with the episode of America's Next Top Model. I realized that next week's it--someone (Marjorie, Samantha, Cage Girl, or Analeigh) will be crowned America's Next Top Model.

No comments: