Monday, June 22, 2015

OUAT Season 5: Wishes and Thoughts

In a couple weeks (July 8th), the cast and crew returns to Vancouver to begin filming Season 5. Writer and co-producer Jane Espensen has already tweeted that the writers are back at work. So that means one thing:

Time to speculate!

***Please note, these are only my  pure conjecture. I have no ins with the writing staff nor do I possess a crystal ball.***

I feel like we might need a time jump, like between Season 3A and 3B. Mostly because we can’t keep pretending Henry is thirteen when Jared just turned fifteen—and looks it. He’s almost taller than Jennifer Morrison and Lana Parrilla. Let’s get Henry to high school.

Or at least give him a friend. Just someone his own age that he can be a kid with.

Please? What have Ava and Nicholas been up to? Can’t we bring them back? Even if it means a recast?


I am so happy that they promoted Sean Maguire to the regular cast, though I figured it would happen. Robin had a good presence in the finale. He was seen often with the main cast and was included in the last scene where Emma became the Dark One. It all seemed to position Robin to be a main part of the cast come Season 5.

So what’s next for Robin? Well, they also promoted Rebecca Mader to season regular. So it looks like we’re stuck with the (ugh) pregnancy storyline. I don’t think she’s going to be a romantic option for Robin. The writers seem set on Outlaw Queen (thank goodness). But I think she’s going to be a thorn in his and Regina’s side until that baby is born (and maybe beyond, though I think Robin and Regina will get custody).

I don’t think the pregnancy storyline will be all we’ll see Robin doing. While the pregnancy will show him leaning on Regina, I feel the Emma-as-the-Dark-One storyline will show how she leans just as much on him. And I think we’ll see them start to blend their families. A few people on tumblr have written Robin as helping David as the sheriff with Emma gone in their fanfics. I like that idea. Let’s see more of Robin outside of Outlaw Queen, let people get to know him.

Now onto Zelena. Is she there just for the pregnancy storyline? I don’t think so. Here’s how I see it: Regina has gone through her redemption arc. She’s probably going to have some stumbles still, but for the most part, Regina is lumped with the heroes. Now, Gold has been separated from the Dark One. I believe Season 5 is going to focus on his redemption and how he rebuilds his relationship with Belle. So I think we need a standing villain. Someone who lurks in the background, messing things up to suit their own purposes while the Big Bad distracts the heroes. I think toward the end of the season we might see the start of her redemption story, which could continue into Season 6.

But let’s not get too far ahead of ourselves.

So, yes, Rumple. As I said, I do believe he is having his redemption arc. It’s not going to be easy. Even the Apprentice said so in the finale. That he had been the Dark One for far too long. So when Rumple awakes, I think he’s going to have an adjustment period. That like Regina, there’s going to be moments where he is tempted to revert back to his old ways. I think Regina will help him, but it’ll mostly be Belle. Though let’s not sideline her either.

Give Belle a plot 2k15.

Speaking of giving people a plot—Will. Let’s do something with Michael Socha, please? Anything? I’d like to stop playing my drinking game. It’s kinda sad. Let’s also get Emma Rigby back. Maybe we could have a return to Wonderland in the second half of the season. It could be fun.

Onto Snowing…They had an angsty season 4B and I believe they are in for just an angsty season 5A. After all, their daughter is off being the Dark One. They’ll need to lean on each other as well. And they have to be there for Henry and Hook. Some Charming/Hook brotp for the win, I say!

Lastly, Hook. I predict you will have to hang onto your hats, Captain Swanners. You’re in for a rough half season, at least. Hold on to that “I love you.” It’ll get you through whatever happens. Trust me. The Outlaw Queen fandom held onto “I choose you” like a security blanket after the midseason finale.

I’m excited to see Dark!Emma. Season 4B had been building up to it and it’s going to be interesting to see it in action. And see how everyone reacts.

Well, I think that’s it for now. If I think of more, I’ll put up another post. Especially once the set pictures start to leak…

Happy summer!

No comments: