Thursday, July 15, 2010

TV Updates

It may only be July, but news of the upcoming 2010-2011 television season is still coming out!

On the “Glee” front…I’ll eventually get to the remaining recaps. Before the season premiere, I promise. And speaking of the season premiere, FOX has officially set Glee’s return to be September 21st! Also, Oscar-winning actor Javier Bardem has been signed on to guest star in an episode, promising a plot that revolves around Artie. Hopefully, Bardem is the first of many awesome guest-stars this season on “Glee” (including, perhaps, the return of one Neil Patrick Harris?).

Also, I hope they do another episode focused on just one artist/group’s music. I myself am rooting for an all-Beatles episode, maybe with an appearance by either a Sir Paul McCartney or a Ringo Starr? Who would you like to see in Glee? Vote now in my poll!

On the “CSI: NY” front…There’s been a casting shake-up! Melina Kanakaredes AKA Detective Stella Bonasera announced that she would not be returning for the show’s next season. Actress Sela Ward (Once and Again, House) will take her place. I hope they give a good reason for Stella to have left suddenly. Here’s to giving Ward a chance—I firmly didn’t think I’d like Lindsay because I liked Aiden, but now she’s my favorite character. So, we’ll see.

On the “CSI: Original Flavor” front…Most of the cast members have signed new contracts, but Liz Vassey (tech Wendy) has been released from hers. I am going to believe that Wendy decided to take a job elsewhere so she and Hodges could live geekily ever after.

No comments: