Saturday, December 25, 2010

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

It’s after 4:00 PM on the east coast, so it’s after 10:00 AM out in Hawaii. I know my family has already ripped open our presents, dove into our stockings and scratched off the lottery tickets (I had the only winner. You should’ve seen my family trying to congratulate me). Shortly, we’ll go over to my Nana’s for more presents, more family and dinner.

But I want to take a minute a remember what Christmas is all about. I don’t often bring religion onto this blog, but I am a practicing Catholic. Last night at Mass, we sang a lovely song called “Happy Birthday, Jesus.” And let’s not forget that today we celebrate Jesus entering the world and bringing us hope and peace. And even if you don’t believe in any higher power or organized religion, that even for you, Christmas is about that: hope and peace.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments: